Best rolling backpacks
When we travel, we have a great variety of bags to choose from. Depending on where you plan to go, you may need a particular kind, but the good thing is that manufacturers thought of that aspect during their production process. As a result, there is a bag out there suited just for your needs. One of the bags that gained more and more popularity over the years is the rolling backpack. Also known as a wheeled backpack, the bag takes away some of the strain off your back, giving you a more comfortable experience.
The rolling backpack is not used only during traveling. Chances are that you have seen children going to school carrying a rolling backpack. Sure, not carrying, but more like pulling. That is because it is more convenient and comfortable for a child to pull a heavy backpack rather than carrying it on his or her back. In fact, it seems that heavy backpacks are the cause for back pain in children and adolescents, which is why scientists recommend a rolling backpack.
The pros and cons of a rolling backpack
Just like any other item, the rolling backpack comes with both advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to determine if the pros exceed the cons, but the overall opinion is that it does. Even so, here are a few of both of them so that you can decide for yourself.
- Versatility – the rolling backpack is an incredibly versatile bag. You can pack your things when you travel, but you can also use it for many other purposes. You can buy it for your child to go to school, thus releasing some of the pressure off his or her back. I have even seen elderly people pulling a rolling backpack filled with groceries because it is easier than to carry them in a handbag. The point is that a rolling backpack can fit the needs of many categories of people.
- No more back pain – it seems that back pain is at the center of a rolling backpack. It was one of the reasons manufacturers came with the idea. After all, nobody likes carrying a heavy bag on their back, which is why they needed to come up with an idea to eliminate the problem entirely. Since you can pull the bag and not carry it on your back, you can put whatever you want in that backpack. Your back will not feel a thing whatsoever. So why it is called a backpack and not a rolling bag? Because if you want, you can use the straps and put it on your back. It beats the initial purpose but to each their own.
- It fits great in airports and train stations – if you have traveled before, then you must already know that airports and big train stations require a lot of walking around. I am referring mostly to airports because they can be enormous. If you need to reach your gate, which can sometimes be more than half a mile away, having a rolling backpack instead of a handbag can make your experience a lot easier. At least your back or your shoulder will not suffer for it.
- It can be heavy – when I say heavy, I mean heavier than regular backpacks. However, it matters which model you choose. Some model can reach 8-9 pounds, while others weigh only 5. Sure, the weight can exceed the one of regular bags, but it is not like you are going to carry it on your back. Maybe you will, at times, but not enough to feel the difference.
- It is not suitable for all kinds of travel – if you plan to go someplace and stay at a hotel, a rolling backpack is ideal. However, if you go camping or trekking, a rolling backpack is not something that can meet your needs. It is kind of hard to imagine dragging the bag across a mountain on heavy terrain.
- It is not very comfortable on your back – sure, this bag’s purpose is to be dragged on wheels, but when the circumstances require it, you may need to put it on your back. When that happens, you may not be as comfortable as you would want. The wheels may dig in your back a bit, which is not the best feeling in the world. At the same time, because this kind of backpacks is designed to be pulled and not carried, some manufacturers do not add adjustable straps. That can be inconvenient as well. However, there are models equipped with adjustable straps. You just need to look for them.
How to choose the best rolling backpack?
If you do a simple search, you will see that there are hundreds of models out there. You have where to choose from. However, do not make a random choice. You need to consider a few factors before you make a purchase. In my opinion, there are three significant factors that should weigh in on your rolling backpack purchase.
- Durability – we are talking about a bag that gets dragged across the street or the sidewalk. Sometimes, it may get tipped over. That is why the material needs to be of the highest That is if you do not want it to get ripped apart on the pavement. As for that, you should know that there are rolling backpacks out there that are made of tear-resistant materials. My advice is to go for one of those to avoid making another purchase in less than a year.
- High-quality casters and handle – the two are the most prone to damage. The first one, the casters, need to be made of durable plastic or high-quality silicone, whichever you prefer. However, silicone is better because it does not make noise when you drag the bag across the pavement. At the same time, the handle needs to be manufactured using a high-quality material such as aluminum. It needs to have a good grip, and the telescopic mechanism should be designed flawlessly. After all, if the casters and the handle break, can you really call the backpack ‘rolling?’
- Compartments – the rolling backpack you buy should fit your needs when it comes to compartments. For example, if you want to buy it for school, make sure that it has enough pockets for your items, but not as many as you need when you travel. Some models even come with special compartments for laptops, which I find it to be a huge plus. The point is that the number and size of the compartments should satisfy your needs.
What are the best rolling backpacks?
There are many rolling backpacks out there that are durable and can satisfy your needs. In my opinion, as long as you weigh all the pros and cons of a rolling backpack, you should make the best decision. Do not forget to read the specifications of a particular product, and reading some rolling backpacks reviews online could not hurt either. It can help you eliminate the products that are falsely advertised. However, if you do not feel like doing all that, you can just go for one of the products below.
J World New York Sundance Rolling Backpack
The first rolling backpack on my list is the one manufactured by J World New York. It is available in a vast variety of colors and patterns, so it is suitable for both men and women. It can be used for both school and travel, which makes it incredibly versatile. It is made of high-quality polyester that not rips easily. You will enjoy it for quite some time.
For one, the J World rolling backpack is perfect for school. The size is just right with 20 inches in height, 13 inches in width, and 9 inches in depth. Furthermore, it has a padded laptop sleeve that can accommodate a 15.4-inch laptop. The compartments are zippered for safe carrying. Just in case you want to wear it on your back, the air mesh cushion padded shoulder straps increase comfort. What is even better is that when you want to pull the backpack on its wheels, all you have to do is insert the straps using the slip-in system located at the back.
For increased visibility at night, the manufacturer added a reflective tape. The durable 600D polyester is water-resistant, and the handle is made of rust-free aluminum. The 3-stage handle has a comfort padded carry handle for your comfort. As for compartments, you have everything you need. There is the main compartment, followed by two side mesh pockets, padded laptop pocket, a front pocket organizer with 5 pencil holders, a key fob, and a zipper pocket. Space is not something this product lacks.
Jollychic Aoking Rolling Backpack
The rolling backpack from Jollychic is another product that I think you will enjoy. It is available in the 20-inch and the 22-inch sizes. It is a lightweight rolling backpack that can make your every day more comfortable. You can use it for school or travel, and thanks to its durable construction, you will enjoy it for an extended period of time.
The backpack is made of water-resistant and tear-resistant polyester, and since it is available in multiple colors, it is suitable for both men and women. It has plenty of compartments, and it features a fully-padded one for a laptop that cannot be larger than 17 inches. It also features a tablet pocket, a power bank, and compartments for your pens and pencils.
The hideaway telescopic handle is made of durable aluminum alloy, and the casters are made of high-quality rubber. The rubber also makes the wheels quiet. Other features include a packable strap design, a hidden wheel cover, and an earphone design for your convenience. Overall, this is an excellent product that is worth every penny.
JanSport Driver 8 Core Series Wheeled Backpack
Last but not least, the rolling backpack from JanSport Driver is yet another bag that you may be interested in. It is available in multiple colors so that you can enjoy it whether you are a man or a woman. It has a good-looking design, and its quality is unquestionable. Thousands of people have already bought the product and are more than satisfied with it. So will you.
This particular rolling backpack is more rugged, but it is accommodating and versatile. You can drag it around on its wheels, or you can wear it on your shoulders thanks to its tuck-away shoulder straps. They are adjustable for a perfect fit. The backpack is equipped with two main compartments, a padded sleeve for laptops up to 15 inches, a front utility pocket with an office supply organizer, a front stash pocket, and a side water bottle pocket.
The back of the backpack is fully padded for more comfort when you decide to wear it on your back, and when you want to pull it, you can use the retractable two-stage handle. The 80mm inline skate wheels are made of durable materials, and they are incredibly stable for more controlled motion. The 6000D polyester and the 420D velocity nylon make this rolling backpack incredibly resilient to any outside conditions and use.
I believe that no matter which product you choose, you will be satisfied. However, if I were you, I would go with the Jollychic Aoking Rolling Backpack. The fabric used by the manufacturer is resistant, and the wheels are quiet. It has all the right features most people need, which is why I think it is one of the best rolling backpacks you can find in this price range.
Having a rolling backpack will make your travel or going to school a lot easier. Not only that you will enjoy a more comfortable experience, but your back will be extremely thankful. I am sure that no matter what product you choose, you will notice a significant difference in the way you carry your items (while traveling or going to school.) Click here to buy on Amazon
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Best Backpack for Travel That Only a Few People Know Exist
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Large Rolling Backpack?
- Understanding Backpacks on Sale
- Confidential Facts About Rolling Backpacks for Adults That Only the Pros Know About
- The Advantages of Backpack Wheels
- What You Don’t Know About Backpacks for Sale Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Top Wheel Backpack Reviews!
- A History of Wheeled Rucksack Refuted
- The Hidden Treasure of Travel Backpack with Wheels
- Large Backpacks – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- The Idiot’s Guide to Small Backpack Explained
- The Undeniable Truth About Best Backpack Brands That Nobody Is Telling You
- Top Backpack Sale Guide!
- The Pitfall of Best Kids Backpacks
- A Guide to Roller Backpack
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Rolling Book Bag and What You Should Do Today
- Successful Techniques for Rolling Book Bags That You Can Use Immediately
- The Most Popular Rolling Backpacks for Girls
- The Undisputed Truth About Rucksack with Wheels That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Best Wheeled Backpack Exposed
- What You Don’t Know About Heavy Duty Backpacks Might Shock You
- The Basic Facts of Best Travel Backpack
- The Start of Kids Rolling Backpack
- Definitions of Cool Backpacks
- Kids, Work and Backpack on Wheels
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Rolling Backpacks for Kids Exposed
- The 5-Minute Rule for Big Backpacks
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Laptop Backpack That Only a Few People Know Exist
- A Startling Fact about Cute Backpacks Uncovered
- Purchasing Travel Backpack
- The New Fuss About Toddler Backpack
- Getting the Best Wheeled Backpacks
- Backpack with Wheels Fundamentals Explained
- The Unexpected Truth About Kids Backpacks
- Rolling Backpacks Exposed